What's New: November 2016
Better Booking Engine Integration
Once a travel shopper chooses to book on your website, he or she will enjoy the benefits of Vizlly’s advanced booking engine integration. With this new release, the Book Now button on all website themes now supports advanced integration with internet booking engines using Arrival Date plus Number of Days. This will provide a more accurate booking experience for the shopper.
In addition, properties that have Internet Booking Engines with unique booking URLs for Desktop / Tablet / Smartphone can now be added and the travel shopper will be directed to the appropriate booking experience based on their device.
- If Rate Range or Size is not available for a Room Type Item, the labels for Rate Range and Size no longer show on the website Rooms page and Room Type Story Web Widget.
- When clicking on a bookmark to a specific area in Vizlly, the user would be taken to the Dashboard of Vizlly after logging in. This has been fixed to take the user to the correct area.
- The Read More button no longer overlaps with description on Room Type Story Web Widgets.
VScape & MediaConnect
Accessible Multi-Media Display Galleries
A variety of usability enhancements have been made to the standard browser gallery, in order to make it accessible to a wider range of travel shoppers. These enhancements include:
- Closed captions have been added to English videos. Shoppers can now view synchronized subtitles alongside English videos appearing on websites.
- Audio descriptions added to videos. Shoppers can now hear a brief introduction about each video before it starts.
- Improved keyboard navigation of the standard browser gallery. Travel shoppers can now navigate the viewer and its media without the aid of a mouse. Videos can be started and stopped quickly and easily, with a single key press.
Please contact your Sales Representative for more information.
- Thumbnails intermittently disappeared in gallery tabs on Frame and Edge themes. This has been fixed.