Expedia provides direct access to one of the broadest selections of travel products and services through its North American website, localized versions throughout Europe, and extensive partnerships in Asia. Serving many different consumer segments, from families booking a summer vacation to individuals arranging a quick weekend getaway, Expedia provides travelers with the ability to research, plan, and book their comprehensive travel needs.
Leonardo and Expedia
Leonardo has been providing Expedia with connectivity to Leonardo’s hotel media library since 2007, featuring high-quality media from major global chains representing over 100,000 hotel properties worldwide.
Visual content from Leonardo is sent to Expedia daily (Monday to Friday) and images are manually inspected by Expedia to ensure image requirements are met.
Your Visual Content & Room Types on Expedia
In addition to an image gallery feed, Expedia now ingests and displays room type specific content from Leonardo if Room Types have been set in VScape by the chain. This visual content is presented to travel shoppers during the booking path. This integration makes it easier and more efficient for hotel chains to showcase their room types on Expedia which can be managed centrally in VScape.
Content changes made in VScape will take between 3-5 days to be reflected on Expedia (to allow time for processing). Image categories set in VScape are passed on to Expedia. All images for a property (regardless of the source) will be visible in Expedia Partner Central, ordered by category and subcategory within hours of being sent.
Optimizing Content for Expedia
Expedia upholds high standards for content, to ensure travel shoppers are presented with content that helps drive conversions. When uploading your content to VScape, ensure that you’re keeping the following requirements in mind:
- Upload a minimum of 20 images per property and make sure it’s high quality. Expedia considers images that are a minimum of 2880 pixels on their longest side to be high resolution.
- Showoff rooms and ensure that each room type includes 4+ photos (and at least one of those should be a bathroom photo).
- Showcase amenities and share a minimum of one photo per hotel amenity (Lobby, Dining, Fitness, Spa, etc.).
- Logos, maps and floor plans will not be posted.
- Images should not include boarders or have over laying text and graphics. However, subtle white borders 20 pixels or less may be accepted.
- Do not include images of nearby attractions or close-ups of children.
- Images with the categories of "local attractions or other" will not be posted.