Guest room photos are the number one image type that travel shoppers want to see when researching hotels online. That's because they want to know the details of the room they're booking. To drive more bookings, it's important for hotels to make it easy for the travel shopper to understand what's included in a particular room type.
With the Room Type functionality in VScape, room codes and their associated images and descriptions can be input into VScape once, and then distributed to VNetwork channels that are setup to ingest this content. Here's how to add Room Type information in VScape:
Adding Room Codes in VScape
1. Log into VScape.
2. Remaining at the tree level, select 'Room Types' from the middle pane, then click 'Add' in the bottom right pane.
3. Input your Room codes and Room code descriptions.
Note: The Room Type code is alphanumeric and cannot include spaces. Your Room Code description should be short and concise and accurately describe the guestroom.
Associate Room Codes to Guestroom Images
4. Select the hotel from the left hand pane, select the 'Media' tab from the middle pane and choose the image you'd like to associate a Room Code to.
5. In the bottom right of the pane, click 'Edit'.
6. From the pop-up window, click 'Room Type' from the menu.
7. Use the search field to find the Room Code that you'd like to associate. Once selected, use the left-hand arrow button to move the Room Code left, associating it with your photo. Click 'Update'.
Note: The exact code foes not need to be input to the Search field. You can search a part of the code and it will yield results.
Review Room Code Associations in Your Image Library
|Your content library includes a Star icon, which filters for Room Codes. Clicking this button causes a star to appear on any items that have been associated with a Room Code.|
Once you have added a number of Room Codes, you can review them in the Info tab, by clicking on 'Room Types'.
To review Room Codes by property, you may select the hotel from the left pane, and again click on the 'Room Types' tab to review.
Room Type Reporting
It is possible to generate reports in VScape that list all Room Code associations either by property or at the tree level.
1. Navigate to the level you would like to report on (i.e. tree or property), and click on Administration at the top of the screen.
2. Select 'Room Types Report' from the menu on the left, then click 'Export Data' at the bottom.
If you have a large number of room types codes that need to be loaded contact your Account Manager about setting up a room types inbound media sync to automate the process.