Whether it’s a restaurant menu, spa service details, or list of attractions, there are plenty of reasons you might want to add a PDF to your Vizlly website.
Adding a link to a PDF from your hotel website requires your PDF to be hosted somewhere, and the easiest place to do that is Google drive.
Here’s how to add your PDF to Google drive, and then link to it from your hotel website.
- Login to Google Drive with your Google login details.
- Click on the "New" button in the top left corner of the page.
- Choose the option "File Upload" and a box will open where you can select the PDF that you want to upload from your computer.
- Your PDF will upload and appear as one of your files. You'll see a notification at the bottom of your screen letting you know that your upload is complete.
- Right click on your file, and choose the option "Share".
- After clicking "Share", a dialog box will open with a shareable link. Be sure the setting above the link says "Anyone with the link can view" and copy this link.
- Next, login to your Vizlly account and choose "StoryMaker" and "Feature Story". Click on the Feature Story where you'd like to add your PDF link.
In this example, we're adding the PDF link to the homepage.
- In the text box on your Feature Story, type and highlight the words you want to link to your PDF. In this example, we’re adding a menu, so you might want the text to read “See the Restaurant Menu”.
While the text is selected, click on the “Edit/Insert Link” icon (it’s the icon that looks like chain linked together).
- A dialogue box will open where you can paste the address you copied from Google Drive.
We also recommend checking the box that says “Open link in a new window/tab” so your website visitors will remain on your website when they open the PDF.
Then click “Add Link”.
And that's all there is to it! Now you know how to add links to PDF documents on your Vizlly website.