When it comes to ranking your website, Google loves to see plenty of quality content. Subpage navigation allows you to create more pages that can be indexed by search engines to be discovered by search engines.
Increase flexibility and add more content to your Vizlly website with new subpage navigation. You now have the ability to create subpage menus under your main webpages that will improve the website experience for travel shoppers on both desktop and mobile devices.
Here’s how to add subpage navigation to your Vizlly website:
- Login to Vizlly.
- Click on ‘Update My Website’
- Hover over your website icon, and click the edit button.
- On the bottom left hand side of the page, choose ‘Add Page’.
- Here you can choose what type of page you’d like to create. In this example we are creating a Rooms Page.
- Name your new menu option. In this example, the new subpage menu item is called “King Suites”. Here you can click and drag the room type items and stories you’d like to include onto the page.
- In the left hand panel, click and drag your new page under the main menu item where you’d like it to appear. Be sure your new page title is indented under the main item, so that it will appear as a subpage. In the example, the subpage “King Suites” falls under the main menu item “Suites”.
- Click save and preview your website by clicking ‘preview’ in the top right hand corner of the page. In the preview you’ll see your new subpage menu item appearing under the main menu item,
By the way, it’s also possible to create menu items that are not clickable in the list. To do so, you would choose “Non-Clickable Menu Item” when you add a page.
If you're setting up subpage navigation for an existing website, you may be changing the URL addresses of some of your pages. To avoid broken links, you can easily set up redirects to your new pages. Check out the instructions on how to set up website redirects.
As always, if you need any assistance with this or any other Vizlly feature, contact your Customer Success Coach.