Every property has a story!
If you're not sure what your property’s stories are, read these 5 tips to help you find them.
1. Define Your Target.
Who most frequently stays at your property? Know your target so you can ensure that your message speaks to them. You may have multiple groups to target, which will mean multiple stories to share!
2. Read Reviews.
Who better to identify what stands out about your property than someone who has experienced it first hand? Your guests! Read what guests have to say in online reviews. You’ll find a wealth of authentic stories to share.
3. Look Outside Your Door.
There’s so much more to your story than what is within your four walls. Guests visit your property because of the city or location that you’re in. Think about your location, local culture, and restaurants, shops, businesses and attractions in the surrounding area. These are all elements of your story, so make sure you capture them.
4. Know your Competition.
Take a look at how your competitors differentiate themselves. Be aware of the stories of properties in your competitive set in the area, and be sure to note what makes you unique.
5. Ask Yourself these Questions.
Still not sure of your story? Ask yourself these questions as a jumping off point:
- Have you recently renovated? Be sure to tell the world.
- Does your property have a particularly interesting history? Don’t keep it to yourself.
- What is your city or local community known for? Let visitors in on the secret.
- Do you offer any special services for children, or for pets? For weddings or events? That’s all part of your story.
Share your Story!
Of course, once you’ve figured out what stories you want to tell, prepare your story to be told everywhere consumers are searching for accommodations. Follow the SmartSTART Guide to publish your story with Vizlly.