Business travel is undeniably a lucrative segment for properties to tap. In 2014, this demographic took 461 million trips collectively, and total business travel spending was expected to rise to $289.9 billion - representing a 6.6% increase over the previous year (GBTA).
Having engaging media is important for helping your property stand out to corporate guests, but many properties overlook the importance of adding interesting captions and short descriptions is an easy way to convey even more relevant information about your property to corporate travel shoppers.
Take advantage of the opportunity to give context to photos, virtual tours and video, and be creative!
Best Practice Tips:
- Remember that the job of the “caption” is to quickly grab the consumers’ attention as they’re scanning images looking for the “right property”. Therefore the caption should be named as seen through the eyes of the travel shopper
- Avoid internal codes, numbers and language that is generic and not meaningful
- The caption field should be limited to 3 words or 30 characters that describe the image succinctly
- Short descriptions should relate (but not be identical!) to the media item’s caption
- Keep short descriptions to a maximum of 90 characters
Caption and Short Description Suggestions:
Caption: Elegantly Appointed Meeting Space
Short Description: Stress-Free Meetings Are Our Specialty
Caption: Fully Equipped Boardrooms
Short Description: Completely Connected with High Speed WiFi
Caption: Functional Business Center
Short Description: Enhance Productivity While Away From The Office
Caption: Delicious Dining Options
Short Description: There’s Something to Please Every Palate, from Fine Dining to Casual Options
Caption: Take In the Sights
Short Description: Mix Up Your Business Trip by Exploring the Local Art, Dining and Shopping
Caption: Complimentary Airport Shuttle
Short Description: Relax Let Us Worry About Getting You To And From The Airport