One of the most sought after consumer targets, women, account for more than 85% of all household purchases and in particular, 92% of vacation decisions. Consider this as well: 47% of all women who travel, do so for business! In fact, the Clute Institute, a business journal publication, found that females represent around 40% of all business travel worldwide! It’s time to take notice and target these powerful spenders in a more focused and effective way.
Having engaging media is important for helping your property stand out to female guests, but it's also important to add context to your media with descriptive text.
Take advantage of the opportunity to tell your story though text descriptions, photos, virtual tours and video, and be creative!
Best Practice Tips:
- Remember that the job of the “caption” is to quickly grab the consumers’ attention as they’re scanning images looking for the “right property”. Therefore the caption should be named as seen through the eyes of the travel shopper
- Avoid internal codes, numbers and language that is generic and not meaningful
- The caption field should be limited to 3 words or 30 characters that describe the image succinctly
- Short descriptions should relate (but not be identical!) to the media item’s caption
- Keep short descriptions to a maximum of 90 characters
Caption and Short Description Suggestions:
Pools, spas, outdoor areas
Caption: Peace & Quiet
Short Description: Dad’s got the kiddos, now it’s Mommy time! Onsite spas, pools and more.
Local Area & shopping
Caption: In the Hood
Short Description: Exit lobby. Turn right, drugstore & coffee. Turn left, quick lunch & adorable boutiques.
Caption: I’m Starving
Short Description: Best part about dinner? Dessert. Join us each night for good food and sinful sweets!
Caption: Cheers! Salute! Saludos!
Short Description: Drop by our friendly lounge and enjoy your favorite vintage or martini concoction.