Did you know that 45% of travelers consider special offers important to booking? It's a great way of offering value, catching travel shoppers' eye, and turning more lookers into bookers. If you’re not already showcasing your hotel's Special Offers on your website, mobile site, and Facebook page, it's time to start!
Setting up your Special Offers is easy. In these instructions, you'll learn how to create an offer item in Vizlly.
Before getting started, you’ll need to have uploaded your media to Vizlly, including the image you would like to feature in your offer.
1. Login to Vizlly, hover over the StoryMaker tab and select Offer Story.
2. To create an offer, click on Create an Offer Story and then select Offer Item from the dropdown menu.
3. Start by naming your offer. Your offer name will be visible to travel shoppers, so think of this as the headline for your offer. We recommend keeping the offer name to a maximum of 3 to 5 words or 30 characters.
4. Select the image you want to include with your offer from the library on the right. Drag the image into the drop zone. Add a brief offer description. Use formatting tools like bolding, italics, and bulleted lists to ensure text is easy to scan for the travel shopper.
5. Click on Booking Information and add more information for the offer. This includes the Booking URL, Button Text, Offer Code (if any), Offer Dates, Blackout Dates, and Days Available. Add any terms and conditions you want to include.
6. Click on Publishing Schedule next. Here is where you can indicate the date range you would like this offer item published. This is a great feature since it automatically removes the offer item once it’s expired – you don’t want expired offer items on your website!
7. Once you’re happy with your offer, click Save. Offer items are the foundation for creating an offer story, which can be published to your website, mobile websites, and Facebook apps.
And that’s it! Now you know how to create an offer in Vizlly,