In this article, you'll learn how to go live with your mobile optimized Vizlly website. Before getting started, you should have already acquired your domain name and created your mobile optimized website.
1. Start by logging into Vizlly. Hover over the Publisher tab and select Mobile Marketing.
2. Hover over your mobile website and select 'Edit.' In this example, we're going live with our Smartphone website.
3. Select the Go Live button.
4. Input the domain for your mobile website. If you've created your primary site using Vizlly, you'll include the same domain here. If you have an independently managed Vanity website, you'll need to purchase a separate domain for your mobile site and input it here. Click Next.
5. A dialogue box will appear instructing you how to point your mobile domain to our servers. Select the Copy Full Instructions button and then click Done. Your website is now live in our system.
If you're already using Vizlly for your standard website, paste the information you just copied into an email and send it over to your webmaster or Domain Registrar. Your mobile site is now live! Simply visit it from a mobile website to see it in action.
If your vanity website is not powered by Vizlly, there are a few additional steps you'll need to complete before your mobile site will be visible to travel shoppers.
Final Steps for Non-Vizlly Vanity Websites:
The final steps in launching your mobile website for the world to see are 1) updating your CNAME to point to our servers and 2) Having your Webmaster redirect your main site to your new mobile site, when viewed on a mobile device.
These steps are somewhat technical, but don’t worry, all of it can be handled by your Webmaster.
To make it easy for you, we’ve drafted an email that you can simply copy and paste and forward over to your Webmaster.
I recently created smartphone and tablet optimized websites and need to add a redirect to them from my standard website. I also need to ensure that my subdomain is pointing to my provider’s servers.
Can you please take care of the following for me:
- Create or Edit my CNAME
Create or edit the CNAME for [insert subdomain domain name here] and point to mysites.vizlly.com
- Setup a mobile redirect
Here is the link to the mobile optimized website I created:
Mobile URL: (insert your mobile URL here)
The provider has given me these instructions on how to create the redirect with scripts that you can reference here:
Thanks for your help!
Marketing-savvy Hospitality Professional
Repeat the same process for your tablet website:
a) Go to Publisher, Mobile Marketing
b) Edit your Tablet website
c) Select Go Live
d) Input the same mobile subdomain