So you’re a social media maven ready to drive more bookings through your property’s Facebook page.
You’re already on the right track. By adding Vizlly’s Facebook Apps to your hotel’s page, you’re telling a more complete story, making your property stand out and giving travel shoppers the ability to book directly from your page!
First things first. You should have already created and published your Facebook Apps in Vizlly and installed them on Facebook.
Now you’re ready to update your App names and position them so they stand out to the travel shoppers who visit your Facebook page.
1. Login to your property’s Facebook page. Click Settings.
2. Click on ‘Edit Page’ in the left hand column.
3. Your new App will appear at the bottom of the list, and will be called “Vizlly App”. Click on ‘Settings’ beside it.
4. A dialog box will open with your app details. Here you’ll also find a link to your App, which you can use to share the App with people directly. Click ‘Edit Settings’.
5. A new dialog box will open. This is where you can name your Vizlly App. Be creative with your App names! Best Western Naperville named their Vizlly Apps “The Best Rooms”, “The Best Offers”, and “The Best Meetings”. You want travel shoppers who visit your Facebook page to be compelled to click on your Apps, bringing them one step closer to booking. Once you’ve entered your App name, click ‘Save’ and ‘OK’.
6. If you have multiple Apps added to your Facebook page, you’ll want to keep the most important ones close to the top where travel shoppers will see them first. It’s easy! From you list of Apps, just click and drag them into the order you’d like.
7. Go back to ‘Home’ and you’ll see your freshly named App in the location you chose. Nicely done!
That’s all there is to it! You’ve updated your Facebook App names and position. You can repeat this process for your other Apps on your Facebook page, too.
Now that you’re on a roll, learn more about social media marketing. Check out these other community posts: