The below step by step instructions will teach you how to add captions, short and long descriptions to your property’s media. Before you can get started, you’ll need to have uploaded content to your Library. Text is an important way of adding context and detail to your media, so take care to make it creative, concise and easy to read.
1. Login to Vizlly and then click on the Library tab.
2. Once you’re in your Library, you’ll see all of the visual content for your property. To add text, hover over the media item you want to add text to and select the Edit Icon.
3. From the edit screen, you can add or edit the Caption, Short Description or Long Description.
4. The Caption is a customer facing label for the thumbnail image. Captions should be limited to three words, or thirty characters in length, which succinctly describe the image.
5. The Short Description is the headline for the image. The Short Description should be attention grabbing and should compel readers to read more. Limit Short Descriptions to no more than 90 characters.
6. The Long Description is where you can share more detailed information about a media item. This is an opportunity to give the shopper additional insights into the value you are providing, compelling them to choose you. Use short paragraphs and formatting tools like bullet points to make it easier for online travel shoppers to read.
7. When you’re happy with your text (caption, short description, long description), click Save, or Save and Back if you wish to return to the Library. You can repeat this process for each media item.
And that’s it! Now you know how to add captions, short descriptions, and long descriptions to your media items.