In this Analytics tutorial, we’ll take you on a quick tour of the reporting capabilities available with Vizlly.
1. Login to Vizlly. Select the Analytics button from the top menu bar.
2. From the Vizlly Analytics Dashboard, you can access Summary Reports, Direct Channel Reports, and Travel Channel Reports. You can specify a date range for which you wish to view these reports in the top right corner of your screen.
First we will look at the Summary Reports. These reports summarize the performance of your stories across all direct and indirect channels powered by Vizlly, and give you important insight into your audience.
1. In the top right, select a date range for which you would like to see reporting on your website’s performance.
2. In the top panel, you can see how many leads have visited your website and your media views for the specified time frame.
3. The Visits by Device Report, applicable only to Vizlly DMS and Vizlly DMS+ customers, reveals what device your leads are using to view your website. Select a date range to determine inquiries in a specific time frame that you’ve received from Desktop, Smartphone and Tablet.
4. The Visits by Country Report tells you which country your leads are viewing your website from.
5. The Visits by Language Report tells you the browser language in which visitors are viewing your content. Use this report to determine which languages you should consider translating your content into.
Direct Channels Reports
Your Direct Channels Reports give you detailed information on the performance of your property’s direct marketing channels (your Vizlly website, Facebook apps, and web widgets).
1. The Direct Channels Reports help to determine which channels provide the greatest reach, engagement, and purchase intent for your hotel within a date range. From your dashboard, you can view your Top Viewed Stories, Top Viewed Media, and Top Converting Items.
2. Click on Reach to view an in-depth, detailed breakdown of the summary reports at the top of your Analytics Dashboard (Visits by Device, Visits by Language, and Visits by Country).
3. From Reach Reports, you can also view your Visits vs. Visitors Report. This report determines the number of visits your website has received versus the number of unique visitors that have accessed your website (as determined by IP address).
4. On the left panel on your screen, click on Engagement to view Engagement Reports. These reports will give you information on New vs. Returning Visitors within a specified date range and total Media Views within a date range.
5. Scroll down to see a more specific engagement report. You can choose to view your engagement success based on Media (images), Item (Room type item or offer item), Story (feature story, multi-grouped feature story, room type story, and offer story), Channel (website, smartphone, tablet, social media, or web widget), or Device (desktop, smartphone, tablet).
6. On the left panel of your screen, click Performance to view your Performance Reports. Again, select the date range in which you would like to view these reports.
7. This page will give you statistics on purchase intent for your hotel bookings within a date range.
8. The Leads by Action Report gives you a breakdown of how you have acquired leads. You can view this report for all channels.
9. To view the Leads by Action Report for a single channel, click the dropdown box at the top right of the report, and select the single channel you want to receive information on.
10. To return to your Analytics Dashboard, click the Dashboard button on the left hand panel on your screen.
Travel Channels Reports
Your Travel Channels Reports give you detailed information on the reach and engagement of your property’s digital brochure on third party online travel agencies (OTAs).
1. Scroll down to the Travel Channels section of your Analytics Dashboard. From here, you can view detailed information outlining the performance of your digital brochure on OTA sites.
2. Click Reach to view more detailed reporting on your digital brochure’s reach. Select the date range for which you wish to view your reports.
3. Here, you can view the Visits vs. Visitors Report for your digital brochure. This report will tell you how many times your digital brochure has been visited, versus the number of unique visitors (as determined by IP address).
4. Scroll down to see your brochure’s Visits by Device, Visits by Language, and Visits by Country Reports.
5. On the left panel on your screen, click the Engagement tab under the Travel Channels section to view your brochure’s engagement success.
6. See your New vs. Returning Visitors Report as well as the Average Time Spent viewing your digital brochure.
7. Scroll down to see your brochure’s specific engagement details by Media Type (Image, Video, 360 Tour) or by Device (Desktop, Tablet, or Smartphone).
8. Finally, click the Channels button on the left panel of your screen under the Travel Channels section.
9. Within this section, you can view your Multi Channel Marketing Report for a specified date range. This report shows you your reach and engagement for each third party travel agency that your digital brochure is sent to. With this report, it is possible to analyze which third party travel sites are bringing in the most business for your property.
That’s it. Now you know how to measure your success with Vizlly Analytics.