To successfully engage today’s online shoppers, hospitality professionals need to understand their customer segments, and present to them a story that appeals to their particular needs and wants.
Creating targeted stories allows you to speak directly to the audience you’re trying to engage. So think about whom your key customer segments are (which segments represent the most revenue for your property) and start tailoring your message to appeal to them.
Follow these 4 steps to create a targeted story that reaches your desired audience:
1. Determine the audience you want to target, and learn what they care about.
The first thing you’ll have to do is determine your target audience, and then learn about them. For example, if you’re aiming to target a business traveler, check out this article with some helpful tips on what you should focus on, or if your target audience is leisure travelers or millennial travelers, you should think about what really matters to them. Our helpful guide, Everything You Need to Know About Targeting Your Ideal Guest, has lots of useful information on the different traveler segments, and it is definitely worth a read so you can figure out what your target audience wants!
2. Create Feature Stories for your target audience.
It’s now time to create targeted stories that speak to the type of traveler you’re looking for. Some suggestions:
- A story called ‘For your Business Needs’ to target business travelers
- A story called ‘Just for Kids’ to target families
- A story called ‘Explore’ to show leisure travelers the amazing attractions near your property
Watch this video to learn how to create a Feature Story in Vizlly:
3. Group your Feature Stories together to create a Multi-Grouped Feature Story that you can share.
Once you have a few different Feature Stories, you can group them together to tell your property’s full story to your targeted guest.
Watch this video to learn how to create a Multi-Grouped Feature Story:
4. Get your Targeted Feature Stories in front of the travelers you want!
Finally, it’s time to publish your targeted Multi-Grouped Feature Stories to the places where your desired travel shopper is going to see them!
Publish your targeted stories to:
-Your Vizlly Website
-Your Vizlly Web Widgets
-Your Facebook Apps
-Third-Party Travel Channels for Syndication