This update contains added features, enhancements and bug fixes to Library, StoryMaker, Publisher and Analytics.
Subscribers to Vizlly Multi-Channel, DMS and DMS+
All Leonardo products, including Vizlly, offer the ability to add multi language text and meta-data text to media items stored within their library including caption, category, short description and long description.
Vizlly has now been improved, allowing users to publish multi language Vizlly websites (including widgets), mobile websites, Facebook apps, and digital brochures in up to 9 languages including English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, German, Greek and Portuguese.
Take advantage of the Languages report in Summary Reports > Analytics to discover the browser languages being used by online visitors to intelligently guide you in which languages to implement.
Translations are available in the following modules:
- Feature Story, Room Type Story and Offer Story names and descriptions
- Room Type Item name and description
- Offer Item name, Promotion Code, Booking URL, Description and Terms & Conditions
- Website title and description
- Website Page name, Home Page Copy, SEO Page Title and SEO Page description
- Feature Story, Room Type Story and Offer Story Web Widgets
- Smartphone and Tablet Websites
- Facebook Hotel Details, Room Types, Offers, Meetings and Event Apps
- Multi-Channel Digital Brochures
- Website, Smartphone Websites, Tablet Websites and Facebook Apps automatically detect the language from the travel shopper's browser or device
- Web Widgets automatically detect the language of the hotel website's chosen language
- Digital Brochures automatically load in the language, if available, of the Channel's chosen language
Subscribers to Vizlly DMS and DMS+
Publisher: New Website theme – Coming soon in mid-April
Introducing our new “Edge to Edge” Website Theme Series. This series of website templates is designed to make full use of the impact a visually driven website can have with travel shoppers. The series will initially launch with our Granville template, featuring a full screen media carousel to showcase the best your hotel can offer. This theme includes a refined yet eye-catching booking widget to help drive conversions.
Publisher: Website Marketing
- Previously in Chrome, adding multiple pages to a Showcase themed website would cause the "More ..." button to show in the Booking Widget with a horizontal scroll bar. This has now been resolved.
- The Google Maps on Websites and Tablet Optimized Websites now includes Address Line 2 to accurately pinpoint a Property's location.
- In Chrome when previewing a Room Type Story in a Web Widget or Facebook Rooms App portrait images were zoomed in to the top left portion of the image. This has been fixed.
Platform and Infrastructure
A number of performance and media processing improvements have been made to the core platform that supports all Leonardo applications. All subscribers to VScape (Standard, Premium and Enterprise), VBrochure (Premium and Ultra-Premium), Vizlly (Multichannel, DMS, DMS+) and MediaConnect will benefit from these improvements.
- For customers consuming content through Leonardo’s standard XML, there is a new option to receive Room Type codes. Room Type codes provide VScape customers with improved control of how content is organized and presented to consumers. By selecting to receive room types, a mapping between media and room types will be provided in the standard XML. Please contact your Account Manager for details.
- The Image Compare algorithm for automatic image duplicate detection has been improved to resolve more duplicates. Image Compare, a proprietary technology to Leonardo, automatically eliminates duplicate images, removes outdated, poor quality or wrong images and replaces low resolution with higher resolution images.
VScape Enterprise Class Digital Asset Management Systems
Leonardo’s VScape Digital Asset Management System helps hotel chains organize digital media assets such as pictures, images, and video for storage, retrieval and distribution to the world’s largest network of travel websites, their own brand sites, internal departments and third party vendors.
This update contains added features, enhancements and bug fixes to the User Management and Private Digital Library modules.
- VScape uses ‘trees’ to manage the content within an organization. Previously customers were required to contact Customer Support to have users granted access to manage content across multiple trees. This is no longer required. Under User Management, there is a new tab called ‘Tree Assignment’ where a user can be assigned access to multiple trees.
Private Digital Library
- The password reset workflow has been improved. Previously, users were prompted to select their secret question and answer. The system now requests the registered email address for the account and sends the new password to this address.