There are 2 options for implementing the SEO Snippet on your website — a Dynamic Snippet that updates SEO content automatically whenever changes are made to your Vizlly Web Widget; and a Snapshot Snippet that you add/update to your page whenever you want to update it.
The key benefit to manually updating your Vizlly Web Widget’s SEO Snippet is that it allows your Web Widget content to be indexed by search engines. You do not need to know a web programming language to add this SEO content, just HTML.
The following How-To instructions cover adding the Snapshot SEO Snippet to the web page on which your Vizlly Web Widget is embedded. (Dynamic Snippet instructions are here)
You will likely require the services of your Web Administrator to complete these steps.
How-To Install the Snapshot SEO Snippet
Note: You will need to follow this process every time you make a change to your Web Widget in Vizlly.
- Generate the Snapshot SEO Snippet to be added to your web page.
- In your browser, copy and paste the following URL into the address bar.
- Example: http://dmp.leonardocloud.com/dmp/player/seo/####, where #### is the numeric ID of your Web Widget
- Right-click with your mouse in the white space on the web page and choose View source (Internet Explorer) or View page source (Google Chrome).
- Select and copy the entire contents of this page.
- Find the <div> tag in the source code for the web page that displays your Web Widget.
It will look similar to the <div> tag below.
- Add the Snapshot SEO Snippet.
Paste the Static SEO Snippet after <div id="vfml-####"> and right before the closing </div> tag.
- Save the page with the Snapshot SEO Snippet and upload it to your server.
Now your Vizlly Web Widget and its content will be ready to be seen by search engines!