Meetings and Events is a hundred billion dollars industry and event planning is one of the fastest growing occupations in the United States.
Make sure that your property is a player in this industry by standing out to event planners. Learn how to fine-tune your story on the channels that Event Planners are using to research and book.
10 Things That Matter Most to Meeting & Event Planners
- The Space: There’s no surprise here – a property’s meeting and event space will be top of mind for all Event Planners. Make sure you convey exactly what type of event space you have available, capacity, and layout options. Use a combination of floor plans, and visuals with your event space set in different layouts and for different event types, to convey to your audience the types of event space you have to offer.
- Your Expertise: Event planners need a property they can trust to run their event smoothly and make the process as convenient as possible for their out-of-town guests or employees. Help event planners and brides-to-be feel confident in choosing you by letting them know about your experienced onsite event planners, including reviews from past customers, and showing the types of events you’ve hosted in the past.
- Wi-Fi: Like most travelers, high-speed (and preferably free) Wi-Fi is important to event planners and guests who may be working while travelling. Mention this in your digital brochures, on your website and on your Facebook page, so travelers know they will remain well connected while staying with you.
- Dining and Catering Options: Event planners want to know that they can create a great experience for their guests. Let them know where they’ll be enjoying meals during their stay.
- Event Services: For many events, secure and reliable technology, AV services, and accessible business centers, are important. Let travel shoppers know about your relationships with providers or in-house services, including technology, flowers, linens, chair rental, catering, etc.
- Comfortable Guest Rooms: Event planners want to ensure that they’re selecting a location where guests will be comfortable. Show planners that your rooms have all the amenities their guests will expect.
- Flexibility: Event planners have a variety of requests, ranging from food and beverages to technology, décor, furniture layout and more. They want a property that can handle their requests without a hassle.
- Packages and Special Offers: Corporate events have to stay within the boundaries of company budgets and financially conscious brides-to-be are always counting costs – so, special offers and packages encourage event planners to choose you.
- Location: A convenient location is important to event planners who want to ensure their guests have an enjoyable stay not just in your property, but in your city or town too. Show potential guests the highlights of your location, including shops, local attractions, restaurants, fun activities and other important sites close to your property.
- Entertainment: On-site entertainment options to enjoy at the end of a busy day are important to event travelers looking to kick back and relax.
Fine-Tune Your Story to Speak to Event Planners
Now that you know what event planners and travelers are looking for, make sure you fine-tune your story to showcase the things that matter most to this group.
Target Event Planners and Travelers Where They’re Searching: Publish a Targeted Story on Event Planning Channels.
Now that you know what these travelers want, and how to fine-tune your story to speak to them, it’s time to customize your Digital Brochure on events-focused travel channels.
Publish an events-focused Digital Brochure on the following channels:
-Banks Sadler (http://www.banks-sadler.com/)
-Site Visit (http://sitevisit.com/)
-Aladdin Travel & Meeting Planners (http://aladdintravel.com/)
Customize your Digital Brochure