Switchfly is a global technology company that powers travel commerce and loyalty point redemption solutions for some of the world’s most recognizable brands. With an inventory of over 200,000 hotels, Switchfly includes inventory from major OTAs, wholesalers, and direct hotel connectors.
Working predominantly with airlines and loyalty program providers, Switchfly channels cater to both leisure and business travelers. Switchfly technology powers many popular travel channels including:
- British Airways
- JetBlue Getaways
- American Airlines Vacations
- American Express Travel
- Norwegian Holidays
- Delta Airlines
- Royal Orchid
- …and many more!
Switchfly & Leonardo
Leonardo has been providing Switchfly with connectivity to the world’s definitive source of hotel certified visual content since 2009. Switchfly uses MediaConnect Hosted (one of Leonardo’s technology solutions for travel websites).
Switchfly has access to Leonardo’s hotel media library – the industry’s largest – featuring high-quality media from major global chains representing over 100,000 hotel properties worldwide. Leonardo’s powerful technology ensures accuracy and consistency, including:
- Advanced XML connectivity options that correspond to HTNG (Hotel Technology Next Generation) and Open Travel Alliance standards
- Delivery of images in multiple sizes and formats to ensure the most appropriate sized images are served based on how the consumer is accessing the web page
- Automatic matching of images to hotel properties and de-duplication of images using advanced algorithms
- Media that comes directly from the Hotel Chains and Properties, ensuring Switchfly receives the most accurate up-to-date content that best represents the specific hotel
- Links to the images hosted on Leonardo servers – this is fast and reliable without the need to download and store the images
- Image specific meta-data that helps efficiently process the content for display
What does this mean for VScape customers?
Hotel chains that subscribe to Leonardo’s VScape Digital Asset Management System and connectivity to VNetwork can continue to use VScape to manage their visual content on Switchfly powered sites.
With direct connectivity between Leonardo’s display technology and VScape, Leonardo’s chain customers will benefit as changes made to images in VScape will be updated on Switchfly-powered sites weekly.
Chains using VScape to manage their digital assets will benefit from the media showing on Switchfly-powered websites, like the example below from MasterCard Travel Services:
What does this mean for Vizlly customers?
Hotels that are listed on Switchfly powered sites and subscribe to Vizlly Multi-Channel or DMS+, Leonardo’s Multi-Channel Digital Marketing System, benefit by having the digital brochures they create using Vizlly presented to travel shoppers, resulting in:
- Increased engagement with travel shoppers through curated stories with images, rich media and descriptive text displayed in topic-based categories.
- Improved relevance and resonance with travel shoppers through targeted stories.
- Further amplification of stories through social sharing icons prominently displayed for top social media sites.
Hotels can tell their unique story with a customized Digital Brochure, which can be targeted specifically for all Switchfly-powered sites.
To customize your Digital Brochure in Vizlly for Switchfly, just select Switchfly from the ‘Target Specific Channels’ dialogue box under Multi Channel Marketing:
Here’s an example of what a targeted Digital Brochure looks like on MasterCard Travel Services, a Switchfly powered website. Notice how the hotel has been able to tell a more complete and visually driven story by adding richer media, categorizing their content into interest-based tabs, and including descriptive text. This targeted and more complete story provides shoppers on MasterCard Travel Services with the content they are looking for to make a purchase.