See below for the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. This page is updated on a regular basis.
1. What is a Feature Story?
A ‘Feature Story’ is the visual story that highlights the special features of your property. This post breaks down the components of Feature Stories in detail.
2. What is a Room Type Story?
A ‘Room Type Story’ is the visual story that highlights the room types of your property. Room Type Stories include photos of your property's different room types and room details (i.e. number of beds, occupancy count, amenities, etc.) This article gives you more information.
3. What’s an Offer Story
An ‘Offer Story’ contains offer items that have been grouped together to highlight your property’s discounts and other special offers for travel shoppers.
4. Where can I use:
- An Offer Story
Offer Stories can be published to your website, tablet, smartphone and Facebook apps.
- A Room Type Story
Room Type Stories can be published to your website, tablet, smartphone and Facebook apps.
- A Feature Story
You can use a Feature Story on its own, as an image carousel on your home page, on a Text & Image page, or you can combine several feature stories to create a Multi-Grouped Feature Story which can be published to your website, smartphone, tablet, Facebook apps and digital brochures in syndication.
5. Why do I need to group stories?
It’s best to group stories so you can publish them to your website, smartphone, tablet, Facebook apps and digital brochures in syndication. Grouped stories are visually compelling to travel shoppers. If your property includes multiple categories of rooms, you can group Room Type Stories together to create a Multi-Grouped Room Type Story, which makes it easy for travel shoppers to differentiate between your room offerings.
6. How do I install my Facebook apps?
To learn how to install Facebook apps, read this community post.
7. How do I add/edit my room type information?
To learn how to add/edit your room type information, watch this video.
8. How do I delete images?
To delete an image, hover over the image in your Library and click on ‘Delete.’
If your property is part of a certain brand or representation company, there is a chance that some of your media is being pushed to Vizlly from them. In this case you will need to contact your brand/representation company in order to have the image removed.
9. How do I create a new user?
Watch this video to learn how to create a new user to help manage your Vizlly account. Note that you’ll need to be the Admin of your Vizlly account in order to create a new user.
10. What happens if I don’t know who the Admin is?
When you initially signed up with Leonardo, you (or someone else) signed a contract with us. Check out that contract – whoever was designated as the main contact when you initially signed with us would have been automatically set up as the Admin of your account.
11. What is the difference between an Admin and Editor/Publisher?
An Administrator (Admin) can view all properties and has permission to create new users. An Editor/Publisher can edit or publish content in Vizlly, but cannot add new users.
12. What are the requirements for uploading media? (i.e. size, format, etc.)
13. There was media in the library before I uploaded anything, where did this come from?
Most likely, this media is coming from your brand or representation company. While some media may already be uploaded, be sure to build on this.
14. How do I delete/uninstall a Facebook app?
To uninstall a Facebook app, follow these easy instructions.
15. Do my smartphone and tablet websites have to be identical?
No they do not. When you are creating your smartphone or tablet website, you have the option to select if you want them to be the same or not. Watch this video to learn how to create a mobile optimized website.
16. How can I make the colors of my apps and widgets identical to my brand colors?
If you would like to make the colors identical to your brand colors, reach out to your brand or your webmaster to get your brand’s color hex code. This is the easiest and most accurate way to ensure the colors are identical.
17. Can I add hyperlinks to the media in my digital brochure for distribution to VNetwork channels?
No you cannot. Individual channels do not allow external links to be added to the media they display, so you are unable to add external links within your digital brochures.
18. How come Expedia (or other sites) is not listed as a channel in Multi-channel marketing?
Our network is the most extensive visual media syndication network in the global travel industry, connecting hotel stories with millions of consumers across thousands of travel websites covering all four GDSs, major OTAs, as well as many travel research sites. But just because our VNetwork is the largest network of travel websites, that doesn’t mean every single travel website on the internet is included. We are constantly updating the VNetwork, and new sites are added all the time.
19. If I use my current domain for a Vizlly website, does this affect my website’s search engine ranking?
It should have no impact on your website’s search engine ranking. For more information on SEO and Vizlly, check out this article.
20. Can I still link to my digital brochure in my marketing materials (i.e. email signatures, etc.)?
We encourage customers to link to the web gallery on their website.
21. What is different with the new Vizlly analytics?
22. How do I register a subdomain for my mobile and tablet websites?
If your vanity website is not powered by Vizlly, you will first need to register your mobile site’s subdomain. For this process, you’ll want to go to the person (likely your Webmaster, or potentially a Domain Registrar) who registered the domain for your vanity website.
23. What should my subdomain be for my mobile website?
When selecting a subdomain, you’ll want to choose something simple like m.myhotel.com.
24. What should my subdomain be for my mobile gallery?
When selecting a subdomain, you’ll want to choose something simple like gallery.myhotel.com.
25. How do I set up my mobile website/gallery?
26. How many amenities should I include for room types?
You should include all distinguishing amenities that your rooms have, which you want to highlight to travel shoppers. Include amenities that you know your guests are looking for.
27. I just uploaded my video/virtual tours – why don’t they appear in my Library?
Videos and virtual tours are available for use within 48 hours of uploading to your Vizlly Library.
28. Is there a limit to the amount of visual content I can upload?
With Vizlly, there is no limit to the amount of visual content you can upload. Upload everything you want –photos, videos, virtual tours, floor plans, awards and badges, and any other media your property has.
29. What are the steps when I’m ready to go live with my website?
Once you’re ready to go live with your website, read this article to learn how to launch your website for travel shoppers to see.
30. How long should the names of my stories be?
Your story names should be one to two words in length and summarize the content of the story.
31. Will anyone see my Feature Story names?
Yes. Your Feature Story names will be visible to travel shoppers, so make sure they summarize the content of your stories.
32. Will anyone see my grouped Room Story names?
Yes. Your Room Type Story names will be visible to travel shoppers, so make sure they summarize the content of the story.
33. How do I delete an item in Publisher?
You can delete any item created in Publisher. This includes websites, web widgets, smartphone and tablet optimized sites, and Facebook apps. To delete an item, simply hover over the item under Publisher and click 'Delete.'
Note: Facebook apps deleted in Publisher must be removed manually from the Facebook page. Follow these instructions to uninstall Facebook apps.