Adding copy alongside your stories is an important step in the customization of your property’s vanity website. Vizlly’s Text & Image Pages allow you to enhance the story you are already telling with your visuals. Text & Image Pages can be created using Feature Stories, Offer Stories, and Room Type Stories.
To create a Text & Image Page, follow these easy steps.
In this example, we are going to create a Feature Story Text & Image Page. Before getting started, you’ll need to have already created a Feature Story that you would like to add to your Text & Image Page. Once you have created a Feature Story, you’re ready to create a Feature Page that contains text and images.
1. Login to Vizlly and hover over the StoryMaker tab, then select Feature Story.
2. Select the Feature Story you would like to include on your Text & Image Page. Click on ‘Edit.’
3. From here you can add the description (if you haven’t already done so). Any description you add here will show up on the Text & Image Page you create for your website or Facebook Apps. Write the text you would like to have on your Text & Image Page. In this example, we have chosen to use a Feature Story about our Dining options, so we have included a brief description of dining options. Make sure you click ‘Save’ once you’re done!
4. Now that you’ve added a description to your Feature Story, it’s time to head over to Publisher and select Web Marketing.
5. Go to your property website and select ‘Edit.’
6. Once under your website settings, select ‘Add Page’ and then choose the type of page you would like to add. Feature Story Pages, Offer Pages and Room Pages are all examples of Text & Image Pages. In this example, we're going to use a Feature Story Page.
7. Once you’ve selected the type of page you want to use (we’ll select a Feature Story for this example) the Text & Image Page will be created – now it’s just a matter of populating it with the necessary information. Drag and drop your preferred Feature Story from the Library on the right side of the screen. Once the story is dragged over you will see the accompanying text for this Feature Story appear in the description box below (note: you won’t be able to edit this text here, you’ll have to go back to StoryMaker if you want to make any changes). Give your new Text & Image Page a name, and then – this is important – make sure the box that says ‘Publish Story Description’ is checked off. If it’s not checked, you won’t see your text! Also, make sure you activate the page by clicking the button. Click ‘Save’, and that’s it! You’ve now created a Feature Story Text & Image Page.
When you preview your website, the new Text & Image Page should appear.
You can follow the same steps to add copy to an Offer or Room Story Page. Unlike Feature Story Pages where the text appears underneath the images, the copy for Offer and Room Story Pages will be displayed at the top of the page, above the story.
See below for an example of a Room Story Text & Image Page: