A Fresh New Face for Vizlly
Our first major Vizlly release is here! Since we launched Vizlly more than 20 months ago, we have spent a lot of time and energy listening and working with our customers to learn more about how they were using the application. We’ve learned a lot during this time and have received great suggestions on how to improve the usability of the application. This valuable customer feedback has been incorporated into the redesign, which comes with many great new features. We’ve refined the User Interface, made key items more recognizable, introduced more powerful filters, and have made many small improvements to deliver a better user experience. The goal: make it even easier for you to manage your property’s digital marketing.
This release includes:
- An interactive help tool that provides step-by-step help for users
- An all new Property Selector section
- A re-designed Library with more powerful search and filter capabilities
- Edit images, virtual tours, videos and stories from anywhere in the application
- A new Rich Text Editor makes creating and editing your content items and stories easier
- Improved Customization Tool makes it easier to customize websites, apps and widgets
- There’s now one tab for all of your mobile websites
- New Analytics dashboard includes a variety of powerful new reports
- The new Vizlly App Store is filled with easy to integrate applications for use on your websites
Read on for a more detailed overview of what’s changed.
An Interactive Help Tool
Subscribers told us they already found Vizlly easy to use, but we were not satisfied with that – so we have introduced an incredible interactive help tool (powered by Walkme) to provide easy to launch (and hide) step-by-step instructions on how to learn and complete tasks across the application.
New Property Selector Section
Find and Update Your Property’s Information Quicker
The Property Information section has been re-located and re-designed. The Information tab has been removed and the information re-located as part of the Property Selector. The Property Selector now includes links to the Property Details Page and the Rooms Page for source Room Type Items. The Property Details page now includes Property Booking Engine URL and the property’s Social Links; these fields were previously in the Information dropdown under Web and Social. The Rooms Detail Page has been simplified and now includes a new Rich Text Editor with enhanced formatting tools. The process for adding Amenities, Beds and Views now includes more robust search and filtering functionality.
The Vizlly Library
Find, Sort and Upload Media Easier than Ever
The Vizlly Library has a re-designed look, layout and simplified workflow. Media items are now organized in collapsible dividers (swim lanes) making it easier for you to find the item you’re looking for. On-page filters and a search function bar have been added to help finding content easier. New filters include sorting by Date Modified, Newest / Oldest, and Alphabetical.
New Editing Feature Improves Efficiency
You can now edit images, virtual tours, videos and stories from anywhere in the Vizlly application
All content can now be edited in the Vizlly Library (and anywhere in the application). Content items, Feature, Room Type and Offer Stories can all be edited directly from the Library. And all items can be previewed in full screen mode directly from the content item card. Plus, adding content is easier and faster than ever: a multi-select function has been added to the Uploaded Files page so you can update OTA Categories and Media Types in bulk.
Vizlly StoryMaker Module
More Easily Create and Publish Stories with a New Rich Text Editor
All Content Item and Story pages have a new Rich Text Editor offering more formatting options and improved workflow. The new Rich Text Editor makes creating and editing your content items and stories easier and more intuitive. In addition to this great new editing tool, there have been a variety of updates made to the StoryMaker Module including:
- The ability to preview, edit and delete media items directly from Story pages
- The ability to create Items, Grouped and Multi-Grouped Stories directly from the landing page
- Enhanced capabilities on Offer Item and Story pages
- A new date range calendar for setting up Offer Dates and Blackout Dates
- A Day Available selector with the most popular pre-set values or the ability to choose specific days of the week
Vizlly Publisher Module
We have enhanced the Publisher module of Vizlly. This re-designed Module now has more powerful customization and publishing tools, and improved workflow Pages and Settings tabs. The Pages tab contains all of the functionality to build your core site and add new pages, activate and deactivate pages, and set navigation order. The Settings tab contains all of the functionality to change Themes and Customize.
Redesigned Multi Channel Marketing Module
The Multi Channel Marketing module has been redesigned, making it easier for you to pick your default channels and target channels to display your Digital Brochures.
Improved Customization Tool makes it easier to customize websites, apps and widgets
Vizlly has an improved Customization Tool for Website, Smartphone and Tablet Optimized sites/galleries, all Widget types and Social Media Marketing Apps. The user interface and design of the tool has been improved to make it easier for you to customize your websites, mobile websites, social media apps and digital brochures.
Combined Navigation for Mobile Marketing
In the previous version of Vizlly, users had to go through two separate tabs to build their Smartphone and Tablet sites. This has now been consolidated into one tab, to make it easier and quicker for you to manage your mobile sites.
Vizlly Analytics Module
Track and Analyze Your Performance with the Improved Analytics Tool
The Vizlly Analytics module has a re-designed Summary Dashboard with a focus on “at-a-glance” performance metrics to provide the most important visitor metrics in one place.
A variety of powerful new reports are now available. Reports have also been categorized to make it easier to track Direct and Indirect marketing performance.
- The ‘Direct Channels’ reports provide insights into visitors, where they come from and what device they used, including:
- Purchase Intent
- Top Story Views
- Top Media Views
- Top Converting Items
- ‘Travel Channels’ reports identify the top channels and the visitors’ engagement, including:
- - Visits
- - Media Views
- - Time Spent on Channel
- - Top Channels
- New ‘Reach’, ‘Engagement’ and ‘Performance’ reports provide insights into how your property’s digital marketing is performing, such as:
- Top Devices
- Visits vs Visitors
- Visits by Device, Language and Country
- New vs. Return Visitors
- Engagement by media, item, story, channel, and device
- Purchase Intent %
Vizlly App Store
Supercharge Vizlly with Apps (Beta)
Introducing the Vizlly App Store! Enhance the performance of Vizlly with third-party apps that easily integrate directly on your website, no coding experience needed. Choose from a variety of different apps that suit your specific digital marketing needs. Plus, there’s no major risk involved – there are free apps and free trials of paid apps, so you can try out what works for your property. New partner apps will be continually added.
- TrustYou Meta-Reviews widget. A free app that can be used to publish review summaries that influence travelers to book direct
- Subscribe to and use the menumodo app to upload, create and manage menus that can be integrated directly into your Vizlly website.
- Events Calendar. Create and publish a calendar of local events on your Vizlly website to showcase why shoppers should stay at your location
Other important updates include:
- Navigation “breadcrumbs” have been added on every page in the application, making it easy to navigate between various pages and parts of Vizlly.
- Quick scroll anchors have been added so you can quickly focus on the content you want to manage.
- Multi-select functionality has also been added to StoryMaker and Publisher, enabling you to add groups of items more quickly.
- The Administration section has been simplified, making managing users easier.
- Adding, editing and removing languages for an Image, Virtual Tour, Video, Story, Website and Widget is now easier than before.